General Medical Services
- Family Medicine
- Minor procedures (including, but not limited to mole removal, skin tags, wart treatment)
- Walk-in Clinic
- Annual Check-up and exam
- General medical Consultation
- Prenatal Follow-Up
- Screening for sexually transmitted infections (STI’s)
- Preoperative evaluation and postoperative follow-up
- Influenza Vaccine
- Travel Vaccinations
- Laser Treatment Services
Services we do not provide
- Chest pain
- Head Injuries
- Eye injuries
- Major Sprains and Breaks
- Large lacerations
- Severe allergic or Drug reaction
- Critical Care Situations
- Life Threatening Situations
- No On-site X-Ray Facility or Blood Lab
Prescribing medication comes with responsibility and the need for periodic evaluations. Whenever possible prescriptions are provided for a specified duration at which time the patient needs to be seen by the Doctor. All prescription refills should be requested during regular office visits. If a patient cannot get an appointment prior to the prescription running out, please have the pharmacy fax the Doctor requesting a refill with as much notice as possible as some of the doctors do not work in the clinic each day. Prescription refills by fax are done at the discretion of the Doctor.
There is no routine time limit for diagnostic test (lab, x-ray, MRI, CT Scan, etc) results to come back to the office. The time for return of the result is dependent upon the test requested. If there is a result that your Doctor wants to see you about, you will be contacted by the office. If you do not hear from the office and are still experiencing problems or wish to know the results of your tests, please call the office to schedule an appointment.
- Please bring your Manitoba Health Card.
- In some seasons, please note that vaccines will be given in an open area that offers little privacy. Please wear a short sleeved shirt to allow easy access to the injection site.
- Vaccines, like any medication, is capable of causing side effects, which can be either mild or, occasionally, severe. The risk of the vaccine causing serious harm is extremely small. Most people who get the vaccine have either no side effects or mild side effects. For more information, visit the Manitoba Health Vaccine Information Page
On Flu Vaccinations
Influenza vaccinations are important, however you should not get a flu shot if:
- You have had a severe reaction to the flu shot in the past.
- You have a known allergy to eggs or thimerosal.
- You are ill on the day you plan to get the flu shot.
- Our Office has implemented an Accessibility Policy. The implementation of this policy is meant to create a comprehensive accessibility standards for a full range of people seeking our services.
- Moving into 2019 we are now able to offer Point Of Care Ultrasound Services (POCUS) improving emergent patient care.
Laser Treatment Services
- Corydon Village medical centre now uses the Fotona SP laser in a number of treatments. Having won the 2018 aesthetics industry award, it offers the most effective and comfortable laser treatment giving you the best long-lasting results. No matter what your skin type, its homogeneous absorption in skin and low absorption in melanin allow it to be safely used. By combining two complementary laser wavelengths Fotona SP lasers function as highly versatile, multi-purpose systems that can perform an exceptionally wide range of applications. Fotona’s Nd:YAG wavelength is effective for reaching the deepest layers of the skin, while the Er:YAG wavelength is ideal for brushing away surface imperfections to reveal visually attractive, long-lasting results. The two work in harmony together to create thermal effects without damaging the skin surface. With that said, this technology offers novel and effective treatment for
- Skin tightening
- Acne scar revision
- Active acne
- Toenail fungus
- Permanent hair reduction
- Removal of benign pigmented lesions
- Scar revision
- Skin resurfacing
- Vascular lesions
- Spider veins
- Fotona’s proven ability to perform an impressive range of non-contact, non-invasive procedures with greater patient comfort, reduced downtime and quicker healing is at the top of its class. Now officially integrated into private treatments by your family doctor as of 2019 you will be able to reap all the benefits of this innovative technology.